How To Get Your Business Ready To Utilise The Benefits of Windows 10
There’s a lot to look forward to in Windows 10, all of which you can learn about in our blog post by clicking here. And for the first time ever, Microsoft are letting Windows users upgrade for free! Here’s some useful tips to ensure you business is ready to upgrade:
- Running Windows 8
In order to get the easiest upgrade to Windows 10 (and for free) you actually need to upgrade now to the latest version of Windows 8 – Windows 8.1 Update, is available free, from the Window Store.
- What’s the difference between Windows 8.1 and Windows 8.1 update?
Windows 8.1 Update includes additional features that improve the compatibility of Internet Explorer, extend policy settings for mobile device management and easier deployments across businesses, plus provides more familiar mouse and keyboard options.
- What if we’re still using unsupported Windows XP, Windows Vista operating systems?
Upgrade operating system or, if its the original device the operating system came installed on, upgrade your device. If you buy a device with Windows 8.1 pre-installed, you’ll get a free upgrade to Windows 10!
- How do I know if we are using a qualified device’s?
The device is qualified if it is running Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 however some requirements apply:
– Your device must be connected to the internet
– Your device must have Windows Update enabled (ISP fees may apply)
– Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 8.1 Updates are required
- I was also told that some editions are excluded, such as Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 8/8.1 Enterprise, and Windows RT/RT 8.1?
This likely doesn’t apply to a small business but Active Software Assurance customers in volume licensing have the benefit to upgrade to Windows 10 enterprise offerings outside of this offer. You can expect more details relating to this to be released in the near future.
- We’re already using Windows 8.1?
You will be able to upgrade for free within a year, as long as you meet the requirements above. Recommendation today is to upgrade for free to Windows 8.1 update by going to Microsoft store.
- I don’t know what Operating System we’re on
If you don’t know, then you can find out via http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows/which-operating-system
(Thank you to MicrosoftSocial for the info!)