10 Things In Tech Going On Right Now:
June 23, 2015
- Amazon are going to start paying book authors by the number of pages that have been viewed. They will calculate this with authors who publish Kindle titles directly through Amazon.
- Samsung will be fixing their security vulnerability flaw that their smartphones currently have.
- Multiple Reddit moderators say that their site has a “terrible problem” with leadership and direction.
- After Taylor Swift publicly criticised Apple’s decision not to pay royalties to artists during free music trials, Apple have changed their mind and will now pay the artists.
- Devialet, a Fresh audio hardware company, are going to expand into the US after raising $20 million in new funding.
- Google Ventures have invested in an Oxford University fund called Oxford Sciences Innovation, which is their second investment in Europe.
- Tesla’s CEO Elon Musk has said the Model S is “a little too guy centric” and they want to appeal to more women.
- Uber have changed their legal terms so that people cannot carry guns in their vehicles.
- Cleaners at office space startup WeWork claim that they are threatened to lose their jobs if they unionise.
- SurveyMonkey’s head of HR says that Recruiters have reportedly been targeting employees following the death of its CEO, Dave Goldberg.
(Thank you to BiTech for the info!)
15-minute response time
NO LONG-TERM CONTRACTS
Low Risk & Complete Flexibility
An Extension of Your Business