Technology Trends That Will Build Careers
Technology & Software
– Mobile is creating many careers in the development of the software, hardware, and other services associated. In the near future there will be even more wearable devices, and devices on things like your fridge, which will completely re-invent the way that we are selling, educating, communicating, and marketing.
– Cloud computing is essential to businesses, big and small because the data is a lot safer and easier to control. If you save something to your cloud, then you are able to access it from any of your other devices. If your device gets stolen then you won’t have lost all of your data.
– Cyber security has growing demand. Even if you aren’t making security your career, many people’s careers will depend on how well they prioritise their cyber security within their company/business.
– Video communication is being used more and more in business and in our personal lives, using things like Skype, Google hangouts, Facetime, etc. Video conferencing will continue to grow as our video technologies are constantly improving.
– Big data will be having a ‘big’ impact on many fields and careers, specifically scientific, psychological and medical research, marketing, human resources, product development, finance, customer service, and manufacturing.
– Social networking has grown rapidly over the past few years, and will only continue to expand. There are now hundreds of social networking platforms. Many companies and businesses are taking charge of their social media presence, as that is where your target audience will be. The best way to start connecting with your customers is through social media. This is creating many jobs not just in people taking care of businesses social media presence, but in the companies themselves, like Twitter.
– E-Assistants such as Siri and Cortana still have a long way to go, but they are improving and will continue to improve. Soon everyone will have an E-Assistant to help them with their job. We will need more people to build, maintain, and program them.